Saturday, May 20, 2006

Axles are now locked in


Yeah, great week. I got a bit of science accomplished. I found a gap junction between two pyramidal cells this week. For non-neuro folks, that means squat, but it was a cool experiment.

I also got the axle locked in. I can't do it in heavy winds, but yesterday I did 8 in a row...left, right, left, etc. I am now trying to immediately reverse it...in an attempt to get a cascade going. That's not so easy. But what fun, huh? I heard someone say that after you learn to do an axel, the next thing to do is to stop doing them.

I attended "Balelec" this past evening. This is a very nice music festival on the grounds of the EPFL here in Lausanne. It sported 8 stages, and all genres of live music. It was a really good time, although the food was expensive. Today I am at the lab, but without access to the animal facility for some reason. Thus, I am working on blogs, websites, and whatever else I can occupy my time with to avoid analysis. You can guess it's raining today; otherwise I wouldn't be writing this.

No comments: